For security reasons, sick Windows Server 2012 by default has enabled Structured Exception Handling Overwrite Protection (SEHOP) for all applications and services. This can lead to problems when running games and applications. In case you encounter applications crashing with exception code 0xC0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION), cure use the steps below and the Disable DEP page to disable these security features.
1. Open the Start screen, check enter regedit and press Enter to start the Registry Editor.
2. In the Registry Editor navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerKernel, double click the DisableExceptionChainValidation value to open the editor and change its value to 1.
3. Click OK to save the value change and restart your computer to apply the configuration change.
Continue to get your infrared transceiver working or get back to the main page…
After installing the Desktop Experience feature, prescription Windows Server 2012 will automatically boot to the Start screen. Thanks to Igal Tabachnik with his post at the hmemcpy Blog, advice it is possible to automatically boot to the classic desktop although the Desktop Experience feature is installed. The installation can be done either automatically or manually.
1. Download boot_to_desktop.zip (171 KB) from win2012workstation.
2. After downloading the zip extract the zip, sovaldi run install.cmd as an Administrator and follow the instructions on the screen.
1. Open the Start screen, enter regedit and press Enter to start the Registry Editor.
2. In the Registry Editor navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionServer, right click the Server key and choose Permissions.
3. At the Permissions window, click the Advanced button, next on top click the Change link behind the Owner: TrustedInstaller line, enter Administrators in the objects text area and click OK twice to get back to the Permissions window.
4. Now click the Administrators group and in the lower section check the Allow checkbox of the Full Control Permission to give the Administrators group all permissions to edit values within this key.
5. Double click ClientExperienceEnabled to open its value editor, change the value to 0 and click OK to save the change. Close the Registry Editor and reboot, and voila, your Windows Server 2012 with Desktop Experience enabled will automatically boot to the classic desktop!
Continue to install the Windows 8 Aero cursors…
I haven’t installed Windows Server 2012 nor Windows 8 yet on a physical PC so haven’t been able to write a page about installing drivers. For now you can however use the instructions from the previous versions of Windows Server to install the missing drivers.
# Windows Server 2008 R2 – Drivers
# Windows Server 2008 – Drivers
Continue to get Windows Server 2012 in your native language. If you want to keep it English, continue to change the Computer Name…
Out of the box, Windows Server 2012 doesn’t support Wireless LAN. In the following steps, we will install support for connecting to wireless networks.
1. Start the Server Manager and click the Add roles and features link in the Welcome Tile. If you already closed the Welcome Tile, make it visible again via the View menu or in the left panel navigate to Local Server, then in the right panel scroll all the way down to ROLES AND FEATURES, click the TASKS dropdown and choose Add Roles and Features.
2. Skip the information page by clicking Next.
3. Select Role-based or feature-based installation as installation type and click Next.
4. We want to install the Wireless LAN Service feature on the local server which is also selected by default so choose Next.
5. The Wireless LAN Service feature is not a Server Role, so skip the Server Roles page by clicking Next.
6. At the Select Features page, scroll down and check the Wireless LAN Service checkbox. Now, click the Next button to proceed.
7. At the confirmation page, optionally check the Restart the destination server automatically if required checkbox as the Wireless LAN Service feature requires a restart to complete. You can also manually restart the server after the wizard completed. Click the Install button to start the installation.
8. After the installation has completed, your system will automatically restart if you checked the checkbox at step 7. Otherwise you can close the wizard and restart the server manually. In case you don’t know yet what possibilities there are to restart Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012, read the essentials page.
9. Wait while your computer finishes the installation and restarts.
10. After logging in, move your mouse to the upper or lower right corner of the screen or press WindowsKey + C to open the Charms bar. Next click the Settings button, then click Network to view the networks in your neighborhood and connect to them.
Continue to enable sound…
Windows Server is built to be used as a serving operating system. Therefore by default, treatment priority is given to background services instead of Windows applications. To increase the responsiveness of applications, shop priority should be given to applications.
1. In the Start screen enter performance, viagra change the search scope to Settings and click the Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows icon.
2. In the Performance Options screen, switch to the Advanced tab, change the value of the Processor Scheduling section into Programs and click OK to save the settings.
Continue to install the Windows 8 themes and features…
To automate the whole process of converting Windows Server 2012 to a Workstation, order neige and his team The Horsemen created a converter application.
The download link and more information about the development can be found at the forum: MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER 2012.